In preparation for the 9th edition of the world's largest water event, to be held in Senegal in 2021, the 9th World Water Forum Kick-off Meeting was organized in Diamniadio (Senegal) on 20 and 21 June 2019.
The Kick-off Meeting has been an opportunity for interested stakeholders to contribute with ideas and experiences at the earliest stages of preparation of the 9th World Water Forum.
Besides building upon previous Fora and, in particular, the 8th World Water Forum (Brasilia, 2018), the 9th World Water Forum will go further. Through an innovative framework, it will seek to identify, promote and implement concrete responses and actions for water and sanitation in an integrated way.
The Kick-off meeting had aim to:
- Make known and clarify the central concept of the 9th World Water Forum : "WaterSecurity for Peace and Development ";
- Present the new Framework and organizationa l perspectives;
- Collect ideas and integrate participant suggestions on concrete expected outcomes and road maps;
- Generate interest for the 9th World Water Forum and its preparatory processes to encourage contributions from a wide range stakeholder;
- Underline the Forum's strong political and citizen orientations.